The timings of daily Nafilah prayers
776. The Zuhr Nafilah is offered before Zuhr prayers. Its time is
fromthe commencement of the time of Zuhr, up to the time when the shadow of
indicatorequals 2/7th of its length. For example, if an indicator is 7 yards
long, andthe shadow appearing after Zuhr reaches 2 yards, the Nafilah time would
end.He should now offer Zuhr prayers.
777. The Asr Nafilah are offered before Asr prayers, and its time
istill the moment when the shadow of an indicator appearing after Zuhr,
reachesof 4/7th of its length.
In case a person wishes to offer Zuhr and Asr Nafilah after their recommendedtime, he can offer the Zuhr Nafilah after Zuhr prayers, and the Asr Nafilahafter Asr prayers, but as a precaution, he will not make niyyat of Ada or Qadha.
778. The Maghrib Nafilah should be offered after Maghrib prayers,
andone should make an effort to offer it in time after Maghrib. However, if
onedelays offering Maghrib Nafilah till redness in the western sky
disappears,then it would be better to offer Isha prayers at that moment.
779. The time for Isha Nafilah is from the completion of Isha
prayerstill midnight. It is better to offer it immediately, after Isha prayers.
780. The Fajr Nafilah is offered before the Fajr prayers, and its
timecommences when Namaz-e-Shab has been completed, till the time of
Namaz-e-Fajrdraws near. But if someone delays it till redness is seen in the
eastern sky,then it is better to pray namaz of Fajr.
781. The time for Namaz-e-Shab is from midnight till Adhan for
Fajrprayers, and it is better to offer it nearer the time of Fajr prayers.
782. A traveller (i.e. one on a journey), and a person who finds
itdifficult to offer Namaz-e-Shab after midnight, can offer it before midnight.