Rules of Tawafun nisa’
1. Tawafun Nisa’ is obligatory upon the men as well as women. If a male pilgrim neglects tawafun nisa’, then any sexual relations with his present or future wife is prohibited for him; and if a female pilgrim neglects tawafun nisa’, then any sexual relations with her present or future husband is prohibited for her.
2. A pilgrim who is doing the pilgrimage on behalf of someone else has to do the tawafun nisa’, like other rituals, on behalf the person whom he is representing. And if he neglects that tawafun nisa’ (on behalf of the other person), then the prohibition of conjugal relationship would apply on the pilgrim and not the other person.
3. The method and conditions of tawafun nisa’ and its salat is like the tawaf of hajj and its salat, and the difference is only in their niyyats.
4. Whoever neglects the tawafun nisa’ knowingly or by forgetfulness, it is obligatory on him to do it even if it means returning back to Mecca, and the prohibition of conjugal relations will continue until that tawaf is done.
If going back to do the tawafun nisa’ by himself is not possible or it is extremely difficult, then he can appoint someone else to do the tawaf on his behalf. Only after the tawafun nisa’ has been done will the prohibition of conjugal relations be lifted.
5. Once a male pilgrim has done the tawafun nisa’ and its salat, then conjugal relations become permissible for him; similarly, once a female pilgrim has done the tawafun nisa’ and its salat, then conjugal relations become permissible for her.