The Representative of the high Shi’ah authority in Europe has expressed his condolences for the martyrdom of Imam Ja'afar As-Sadiq (as) and states:
• It’s time to return and apply the teachings of the Imam (as), with his wide and profound knowledge, elevated to the peak of intellectualism and modern cultural milieus. One must choose the correct educational basis and a constructive environment to nurture a faithful and healthy family with pure the spirits, well a balanced, polished and humane personality, inoculated from the epidemics of mental disturbances and horrendous spiritual degeneration that plague our modern world.
• For those responsible for educating our Muslim generations, whether knowledgeable renowned, speakers, orators or cultivated and educated elites’ organizations and/or journalists amongst other think-tank groups, they have to introduce his teachings and his wisdom and inform the teachers about the distinctive features of the Imam’s (as) intellectual school.
• One has to challenge the horrible plans and the seriously dangerous attempts to wipe out the pure Muhammedan Islam and corrupt the pure personality of the Muslim youths.
1 Thi Alqida 1439
These statements were mentioned during his speech, delivered in the opening ceremony of the ninth conference, organized in German city ‘Essen’, on the occasion of the anniversary of the martyrdom of Imam As-Sadiq (as). The full statement of his speech is quoted below:
In the name of God the Most gracious the most Merciful
May all God blessings on Muhammad (sawas) and his purified family members (as)!
These days are passing while we witness the memory and anniversary of the martyrdom of Imam As-Sadiq (as), but at the same time the Islamic current real social and intellectual life is suffering from terrible crises and a serious moral collapse in the spiritual faith the masses. All those intellectual figures, religious scholars and academics are forced to struggle against destructive elements and social moral misconduct, investing and using these anniversaries in order to educate the masses and spread authentic Islamic thought that has been established through the cultural and scientific heritage of Ahl al-Bayt (as), especially the authenticated narrations reaching us all the way down from Imam Ja'afar As-Sadiq (as) These narrations are related to various levels and dissimilar fields, such as the followings:
1. Philosophical field: In the present days there are various strains of disbelief, irreligious and sceptical schools of thought, promoting anti-religion and atheism. In addition, amongst Muslim milieus have emerged so-called ‘enlightening thoughts’, challenging the fundamental basis of religion and embracing the Western philosophy of comparative religion espousing the theory of relative truth or dialetheism, leading to approving or altering all religious Doctrines without exception. These new and misleading trends may consider the revelation as merely a form of inspiration and/or elevated and progressive development of human spiritual integration. Such deviations remind us that we should refer to what was established by Imam Jaa’far As-Sadiq’s (as) School of theological principles and to what was profoundly espoused by his words, his theological dialogues and philosophical debates on Divinity and religion with Abi Shaker al-Dissani and Ibn Abi Al-‘auwja’ amongst others.
2. Historical field: Recently there have been a series of articles and historical studies that have created flawed narrative limiting the role of the Ahl al-Bayt (as) and their contribution to the field of [fiqh] jurisprudence, ignoring the role of the Imams (as) in the humane intellectual, cultural and scientific system. Historical records do not consider them merely as purified jurists; rather there have been records highlighting their scientific contribution to chemistry, purifying the souls, establishing principles of scientific research within medicine, psychology and sociology. This should stimulate us to spread their (as) legacy in these vital areas and to confirm their (as) shining scientific contribution.
3- Jurisprudential field: Recently, there have been some calls to re-establish the theory of the original intentions and genuine goals of the Shari’ah, the guessed best interests [Massaleh Mursaleh], the personal preferences, the analogy and the blocking of pretexts within Shi’ah-Islam jurisprudence. These claims are based on the wrongly claimed pretext that current jurisprudence is insufficient to adequately deal with the emerging needs of the Muslim Ummah in this modern era. However should we re-examine the jurisprudential heritage that stems directly from them (as), i.e. through his dialogues with the Imam of the Hanafies, Abu Hanifah amongst other prominent figures within other Islamic denominations -who have espoused the guessing evidence in determining the practical rulings- one may detect a source of inspiration and a guiding light of insight that paves the way for the Muslim Ummah. Indeed the only one unique path for concluding the legal decrees and practical rulings, namely through basing the arguments on decisive evidence and crystal-clear legitimate arguments.
4. Social field: In the contemporary time, the Muslim Ummah has also been plagued with fanatic voices that espouse sectarian discords, inflame inter-communal disputes that may intensify hostility amongst the followers within the same religion. This satanic trend revives unauthenticated and weak narrations –based on different pretexts- in order to stir the whirlwind of hatred, ignite the flames of abhorrence between the constituents of the Muslim Ummah. This compels us to seek inspiration from the true and practical commandments of Imam Ja'afar As-Sadiq (as) on the path of unity, or propinquity amongst Muslims and fostering an atmosphere of rapprochement between all Muslim brothers. It is confirmed and reported from the high authority of Shi’ah Muslims that one should promote the feelings of brotherhood between us all (including Sunnies), while re-visiting the Teachings and The Sacred Texts, which help to strengthen the ties of mutual love, respect and care amongst the different denominations of the Islamic faith.
5. Educational field: We are -all- aware that as technological discoveries progresses, the more prevalent are mental illnesses, the more the materialist and hedonist culture thrives, the more moral epidemics, educational and family problems have worsened. It seems as if there’s a negative reciprocal correlation between material development, the de-relegation of nature and the spiritual and educational regression. Many modern sociologists’ theories, psychologists’ research, psychiatric innovative theories and the recommendations of educational scholars have been found fruitless and unable to cure those mental disorders, and unhelpful in the treatment of various moral diseases.
So it is time to return to refer to the heritage of the Ahl al-Bayt (as), and try to implement their teachings, the foremost of which are the teachings of Imam As-Sadiq (as).
First: It’s time to return and apply the teachings of the Imam (as), with his wide and profound knowledge, elevated to the peak of intellectualism and modern cultural milieus. One must choose the correct educational basis and a constructive environment to nurture a faithful and healthy family with pure the spirits, well a balanced, polished and humane personality, inoculated from the epidemics of mental disturbances and horrendous spiritual degeneration that plague our modern world. The legacy of Imam As-Sadiq (as), his teachings within various fields -that we have offered- represent a big intellectual source of inspiration for the contemporary cultural horizon if one were to spread and disseminate it. Indeed this conference is a step in the right direction, encouraging us to learn and spread the legacy of the Imam (as).
Second: We should remind our brethren and those responsible for educating our Muslim generations, whether knowledgeable renowned, speakers, orators or cultivated and educated elites’ organizations and/or journalists amongst other think-tank groups, they have to introduce his teachings and his wisdom and inform the teachers about the distinctive features of the Imam’s (as) intellectual school, because if they didn’t, they would be unaware about the true authentic Islam, unable to understand it realistically! His teaching is the true channel that directly connects us with the Qur’an and the authentic pure Islam, for the Qur’anic saying: (So ask the people of knowledge if you don’t know’. Qur’an C. 16: V. 43 ). The Imams (as) are the true and ideal personification of Islam. They inspire us with its pure and clear sources that are associated with Divine revelation, which was established through the Prophet (sawas). The poet says:
So follow the people, who have transferred to you and talked * about the sacred text from the Archangel Gabriel about from the Almighty (swt)!
Therefore, any attempt to ignore these teachings, and remove them from the mind of the generations of the Muslim nation [Ummah] is in effect an attempt to obliterate Islam itself, and to subvert the Muslim generations, and this is what we witness today through two terrible dangerous tricks:
The first: To keep these generations unaware about the authentic and true important figures in Islam, and to obscure the leading figures in the history of Islam and the history of the formative period of Islam. This blackout and intended disregarding them, is an attempt to corrupt these new generations and attempt to separate them from their roots, i.e. the true Islamic roots.
The Second: Promoting the normalization for generations to respect and venerate fake, hypocritical and counterfeit figures! The late Sayed Murtadha Murtadha Al-‘askariy (ra) has counted in his book ‘150 Fabricated Companions’, that are wrongly sanctified within the Muslim Ummah! The dangerous thing in the current time, is that the media, the cultural and educational institutions within Muslim countries, are attempting to indoctrinate the Muslim generations to sanctify fake celebrities from the East or West, of singers –both male and female - and those fake stars in the history of mankind, while the genuine and real characters of The Ahl al-Bayt (as) are absent from the minds and consciousness of this generation! One can easily observe that the media, the press, the various school curriculum and the audio-visual modern globalization media are not referring to the Imams of Ahl al Bayt (as) and their followers, so that none of the new generation would be raised knowing their humane struggle against evil, nor their sacrifices for the sake of Islam and the truth.
This is a terrible satanic trick with the intention of corrupting the youths to distance them from knowing these figures so they grow up detached from the reality as it has been propounded by the Prophet (sawas), when he had said: ‘My Household (Ahl al–Bayt) are like Noah's Ark. Whoever boards it, will survive, those who failed to get to board, will perish!’, and also when he says: ‘The like of my household people in my nation, is like the stars, whenever the star sets down, another star rises!’ And the saying of Imam al-Baqir (as) to his blessed companion Salama ben Kuheell and the Hakem Ben ‘Uteibah: Whether in the east and/or the west, you will find no true knowledge except something that comes from the people of our household!’ and his (as) saying: ‘No one knows, no right, nor any concluding fatwa, unless it is something that was taken from Ali ibn Abi Talib (as)! It is from us, the people of Ahl al-Bayt (as) the people of the household, that there is no right and just decree has been issued, unless it has started from us, and/or the key, the cause and the knowledge has been taken from us and inspired by us.’
The convening of this Conference is only to familiarize the Muslim Nation [Ummah] with the leading leaders of the Islamic faith, i.e. the Imam Ja’afar bin Mohammed as-Sadiq (as), who is one of the family members of the Prophet (sawas), i.e. one of those, whom Almighty God (swt) has decreed them to be purified and cleansed from all evil acts. He was indeed one of them and one of those excellent leaders of Islam, the faith, the Qur’an, the nation! He is one of those meant by the Qur’an, when it states: (And We have made them leaders guiding by Our command. And We have inspired them the doing of good deeds, establishment of prayer and giving out Zakat and they were Worshippers od Us.” Qur’an C. 21: V. 73 ) (" And We have made among them leaders, guiding by Our command, when they were patient and they were certain of Our signs.” Qur’an C. 32: V. 24 ).
Ask the Almighty Allah (swt) to lead us and guide us to revive the teachings of Imams (as) and learn their virtues and words to the people, as, if they knew the virtues of their words, they would follow them, as the eighth Imam Reza (as) has said.
Our latest hope is that the Almighty Allah (swt) will keep us thankful to the Lord of the Worlds.