The representative of the supreme religious authority in Europe received a number of English-speaking preachers and addressed them with the following:
• As preachers your duty today is intensified and your responsibility is much greater in facing deviant ideas that are disseminated among the youth. Those who foster such ideas aim for raising suspicions in the minds of our youth about the evident fundamentals of Islamic laws accepted unanimously by our great scholars through the course of generations.
• Employ modern means of communications by disseminating concise messages that highlight the ideas adopted and accepted by our great religious authorities (maraji).
• Educate the youth on holding the path of the supreme religious authority which acts as a safety valve that protects the religion from non-native ideas.
24 Rajab 1440
These advices by His eminence sayyid Murtadha al-Kashmiri were delivered during a meeting with of a group of English-speaking preachers who visited him to benefit from his words and sought his opinion on dealing with non-native ideas which are adopted by claimants who allege renewing of Islamic laws, that are founded in the Holy Quran and the honorable tradition of the prophet and his progeny (pbut). His eminence suggested the following recommendations:
1. Refer to the question that was directed to the office of His Eminence Sayyid al-Sistani in the holy city of Najaf, about the claimants who spread various non-native views on the pillars of faith.
2. Adhere to the Islamic laws according to instructions and guidance from our great scholars and supreme religious authorities who are emulated by the majority of Shia-Muslims in the world, and whose capability of deducing Islamic laws has been confirmed by great religious authorities (maraji), and by testimonies of Islamic seminaries.
3. Avoid getting into details about specifying who to emulate, rather you should explain the general conditions of emulation that scholars have defined in their practical treatise (rasalah amaliyyah), such as being the most learned and the most cautions in issuing edicts and who possess the characteristics that Imam (p) has referred to in his hadith “ whoever among the scholars (fuqaha) who preserves himself [from committing unlawful acts] and protective of his faith, contravening of his desires, obedient to his master [Almighty God], the general public of the believers [who are not specialized in deducing Islamic laws] are permitted to emulate him”.
4. Examine the problems that plague the communities in which they live, and try to find appropriate solutions in light of the directives of the supreme religious authorities.
5. Utilize the modern means of communication (e.g., social media) to highlight different Islamic matters (e.g., beliefs, practical laws, ethics, etc.) in light of the traditions of Ahlulbayt (pbut) that are narrated in authentic and reliable sources. Hence, raise awareness among the youth about their religious affairs.
6. Educate the youth on reciting more of the Holy Quran and the supplications narrated by the infallible guides (pbut), which will help the youth refine themselves and exterminate any suspicions from their minds, as well as, uphold the ethics of Ahlulbayt (pbut) and adhere to their path.
7. Arrange visits for the youth to the holy shrines and Islamic seminaries, and meetings with great religious scholars (maraji) for enlightenment, advice, and guidance. Moreover, those type of visits as proven by experience, help the youth in strengthening their faith and connecting with their spiritual leadership.
8. Organize recreational trips that should be accompanied by lectures on beliefs and practical rulings, under the supervision of one of the pious scholars who is familiar with modern issues. Additionally, you should read useful books such as:
o The treatise of practical rulings (Islamic Laws)
o Osul Tazkiat al Nafs
o Muhadarat fi Usool al-Aqeedah, which has been delivered to students of different colleges and institutes
o Altakfir fil Salat
o Jami Alsaadat
o Muhasabat al-Nafs
o Tasliat alfoad fe Bayan alMowt wal Maad
o Alnas wal Ijtihad
o Masael Fiqhiyah, and may other useful books