Speech of the Representative of the Higher Authority in Europe on the occasion of holy month of Ramadan, where he said:
• One the works beloved to God Almighty and close to him in the month of Ramadan, is generosity to the orphan for saying (PBUH) (The one who is generous to an orphan during this month will get honored by God the day he meets Him)
• The Higher Authority adopted, restored and rebuilt hundreds of homes for orphans and families of the Popular Crowd (Hached Chaabi)
• Ain Foundation has built four complexes for widows and orphans in various Iraqi provinces, and double of that is under construction
• The Foundation established the Flourishing Star (Annoujoum Al-Zahira) Center for vital and critical purposes concerning the future of orphans
• The support of the orphan is a blessing for the supporter and shall increase his living, represent almsgiving made with his money, purify him and give him the honor of accompanying the Prophet (PBUH) in Paradise on the Day of Resurrection.
2 Ramadhan 1437
His Eminence the Scholar Murtaza Al-Kashmiri, Representative of the Higher Authority in Europe, on the occasion of the month of Ramadan for the year 1437 AH / 2016 AD, pointed to some of the critical issues facing today our society, which interacts with them it in these blessed days, where the good deeds are multiplied and bad deeds are erased, namely generosity to the orphan and charity to him. And there is no difference between physical and moral generosity, like affection given to him and kindness with him for saying (PBUH) (The one who touches his hand on an orphan’s head in tribute to him, God the Almighty will give him for each hair a light on the day of Resurrection), and we are urged by Islam and ordered to give this protection since it is defined as the best and most honored deed, for saying:
(Righteousness is not that you turn your faces toward the East or the West, but [true] righteousness is [in] one who believes in Allah , the Last Day, the angels, the Book, and the prophets and gives wealth, in spite of love for it, to relatives, orphans, the needy, the traveler, those who ask [for help], and for freeing slaves; [and who] establishes prayer and gives zakah; [those who] fulfill their promise when they promise; and [those who] are patient in poverty and hardship and during battle. Those are the ones who have been true, and it is those who are the righteous. Surah Al-Baqarah / Verse 177).
Sayed al-Kashmiri added saying: The orphan in the pre-Islamic society had no chance of kindness until Islam came and ordered to be generous and charitable to him. The historians mentioned that the Muslims, when they immigrated to Abyssinia (Ethiopia) and Quraish wanted them back, Jaafar bin Abi Talib stood in front of Negus, king of Abyssinia, and explained to him the virtues of Islam and its lofty ethics He said: (O King, one day we were a people of ignorance, worshiping idols, eating the dead, behaving with immorality, and cutting off the ties of kinship; we were a bad neighborhood where the strong used to eat the weak. We were like that, until God sent us a messenger of us, whose family is known to us as well as his sincerity and honesty and purity. He called us to God, the one God that we should worship while rejecting what we and our fathers used to worship like the stones and idols, and he ordered us to say the truth, behave with honesty, maintain kinship, and good neighborliness, and refrain from incest and bloodshed. He forbade us to behave with immorality, give a false speech, take the wealth of the orphan, and have physical relation with chaste women; he also ordered us to worship God alone, without involving anything with him, and ordered us to prayer, almsgiving (zakaht) and fasting. We trusted and believed him, and we followed what he transmitted to us from God; we worshiped God alone, did not involve anything with him; we denied what he ordered us to deny, and did what he allowed us to do. But our people were aggressed and tortured us, and separated us from our religion, to return us to the worship of the idols instead of worship of Almighty God, and they wanted us to return to immorality and bad deeds. And when they subjugated us, treated us unfairly and exerted pressure on us, and prevented us from our religion, we came to your country, preferred you to any other, and wanted to be in your neighborhood, and we hoped you won’t be unfair to us, O king).
The Quran also stressed on the fact that charity to the orphan, and refraining from harming his assets for saying ((Don’t approach the wealth of the orphan except in the best manner until he reaches Adulthood) Surat Al-Isra / v34), ((Indeed, those who devour the property of orphans unjustly are only consuming into their bellies fire. And they will be burned in a Blaze. Surah Annisa / verse 10)).
Ibn Abbas said that when this verse and other were revealed, people avoided devouring the wealth of the orphan and his food, which was too difficult on Muslims who complained to the Prophet (PBUH), and God Almighty revealed: ((To this world and the Hereafter. And they ask you about orphans. Say, "Improvement for them is best. And if you mix your affairs with theirs - they are your brothers. (Surah Al-Baqarah / Verse 220)).
Islam also considered the injustice to the orphan as one of the seven sins where the perpetrator is punished with the fire, while warning of insulting and harming him for saying ((So as for the orphan, do not oppress [him]. Surah Ad-Duha / verse 9)), ((Have you seen the one who denies the Recompense? For that is the one who drives away the orphan. Surah Al-ma'un / verses 1- 2)).
And due to the status of the orphan in Islam, the Prophet (PBUH) made his tutor a friend and a companion of him in heaven, he said (I and the tutor of the Orphan, if fearing God Almighty, shall be like these two in Paradise and he pointed to his index and middle). He also considered (PBUH) that the best house is the house is the one that is generous with the orphan, and the worse house is where he is harmed. A man complained to the Messenger of Allah about the cruelty of his heart, and he said (if you want to soften your heart give food to the poor and touch the orphan’s head). It was reported: Any believer, man or woman, who puts his/ her hand on the head of an orphan in charity for him, God shall give him/ her a charity for each hair his/ her hand went through, and shall give him for each hair a light on the Day of Resurrection.
One of the most important commandments of Amir Al-Mouminin (AS) in the night of his death: (Allah Allah is in the orphans; do not close their mouths and do not let them get lost in your presence ...).
There are traditions (hadith) and many novels and stories told by the two parties that can help to refer to the history books where you can find this anecdote full of thoughtfulness for those who believe, namely:
A woman was living with her husband in dignity, prosperity and good and abundant grace, and suddenly the husband died and left her young children. They became poor and needy, and the woman was honest. She left her town to another town so that no one could know about her pain and she went down to a foreign town where she arrived by the night. She entered to an abandoned mosque for her young children to sleep in it and she asked for the elites of this country where she was led to a Muslim man who was their elder as a Sheikh of the country or a Mayor, and to another Magi man. She said: I will start with the Muslim. She went to him said: I am a honest (virtuous) woman Sir, and I am a stranger, my husband died and left me young children who are orphans and I want food for them. He said to her: Give me evidence that you are honest, and she said, sir, I'm a foreigner and nobody knows me here, and she left his place disappointed. Then, she went to the Magi who was generous to her; he fed her children and gave them some of the best clothing and food, and made a special place in his house, to receive them; he gave them a lot and comforted them. the Muslim man slept and he saw in a vision as if the resurrection was taking place and the flag was pinned on the head of the Prophet (PBUH) and he, peace be upon him, was saying: This palace is made of aquamarine and pearl. The Muslim asked him: O Messenger of Allah, whose palace is it? And the Prophet said: It belongs to a monotheist Muslim. The man said: I am a monotheist Muslim, and the Prophet (PBUH) replied to him: Give me evidence of that, he said: how? And the Prophet added: As you asked the woman. The man woke up upset and began looking for the woman and her orphan children. He learnt that she was at the Magi’s place, and he said to him: Give me the woman and her children, I have first right on them; the Magi said no; he said to him again: take a thousand dinars and give them to me. And the Muslim added: this is my story and I saw a vision, and the Magi replied: I also saw the same vision and shall not easily give you the woman source of blessing; because of her and the night she slept here, we are now all Muslims, me and my family, and the Prophet (PBUH) came to me in the dream and told me the good news.
Then we should conclude that support of the orphan and generosity to him, have many benefits including:
1. The company of the Prophet (PBUH) in Paradise, which is a great honor and pride
2. The support of the orphan is a charity with double reward if given to the kin (charity shall begin with the closest relatives)
3. Wiping the head of the orphan and comforting him shall give a loving heart and remove its cruelty
4. The support of the orphan shall bring a lot of benedictions to the supporter in this life and the afterlife
5 The support of the orphan contributes to building a healthy society free from hatred and hate where a spirit of love and affection shall prevail
6. The support of the orphan and the help provided to him is a blessing for the one who shares that with the Messenger of Allah Peace be upon him and his family, and a sign of his love
7. The support of the orphan shall be alms and purification of the money, which will make him the best companion of the Muslim
8. The support of the orphan is a sign of good morality approved by Islam that praised its people
9. The support of the orphan is a blessing for the supporter that will increase his living
From this point and others, the Higher Authority set in the Holy Najaf (Ain Foundation for social care), a Foundation for care giving to the widows and orphans in Iraq, as result of what was produced by the unjust policies before and after the occupation, and this number doubled as a result of sectarian tensions caused by the attacks on the faithful where tens of thousands of them were killed, and this number was increased with doubling number of families of the Popular Crowd (Hachd Shaabi) martyrs.
The Authority also ordered the establishment of residential complexes for them where four of them were built in the various governorates of Iraq and much more are under construction. In addition to this, the Higher Authority, built and adopted and restored homes of hundreds of widows and orphans and houses for the families of the popular Crowd (Hachd Shaabi) martyrs.
Moreover (Ain Foundation for Social Care) established a center in Al-kazimiah under the name of Flourishing Star Center, and this center achieves the following functions:
1. psychological rehabilitation of orphans with two halls for men and females in order to provide a study on the psychological development of orphans while rehabilitating them in order to overcome the difficult circumstances surrounding them, under the supervision of professionals and specialist doctors
2. Vocational Training that consists of 12 workshops aiming to train the orphans in order to get decent trades and jobs in order to secure their future lives, some of them for males and others for females.
3. A large hall for events and celebrations intended to accommodate the large numbers of orphanage in the festivals, the religious events to b held and the funeral assemblies. It is to be known that the Foundation prepares every year a festival for orphans who are outstanding students, attended by their parents who participate in the celebration where gifts are distributed, with other very beautiful episodes. The Foundation aims to expanding to similar centers in other provinces, while more can be found on the Foundation's programs on its site and the site of Flourishing Stars (Ananjoum Azzahira) on the Internet.
Then, we ask of God the Almighty to grant success to the employees, and contributors and givers seeking to support such vital projects forgotten in the previous eras.
Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds