The representative of the leading Marja’iyah in Europe meets with representatives of Islamic institutions and centers in the London, and says:
• The leading Marja’iyah emphasizes on the organization and accuracy of work and using time as much as possible.
• Working in Islamic centers and institutions is a non-ceremonial duty, and the worker must use wisdom and good advice to deal with matters.
28 Jumada II 1438
At the invitation of Majlise Ulama Shia in Europe (Council of Shia Scholars in Europe), H. E. Sayyid Murtadha Al-Kashmiri attended the meeting held at the Idara-e-Ja’aferiyah on Saturday 25 March 2017. Present at the meeting were members of the Council and heads of Islamic centers and institutions in London. H. E. gave some guidance starting with the advice of Imam Ali (a.s.):
“I advise you to piety of Allah and integrity among yourselves.” He explained the meaning of piety according to Qura’nic logic and the Hadiths (narrations) from the Prophet (s.a.w.w) and the immaculate Houshold (a.s.), stressing upon the audience that:
One of the most important pillars of institutional work is the organization and arrangement, which leads to fruitful results and shortens the time to complete the required work - thus determining the responsibility of each worker accordingly.
His Eminence also spoke about the organizational method and the accuracy of work in the lives of the immaculate ones (a.s.) and scholars, and their keenness to use all possibilities and potentials to perform their divine duties.
A confirmation of this is how the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w.w.) organized his life and affairs of state. The application of that method, by Malik Al-Ashtar, in the era of Imam Ali (a.s.) is clear - hence illustrating the brilliance of the Imam’s (a.s.) organizational skills and that of our Maraji’ and great scholars.
In this country, you notice how Westerners do not waste time, using it for their worldly benefits. Therefore you should be careful about using and organizing time.
I have personally noticed, the leading Marja’iyah focusing on the use of time when addressing his visitors. His Eminence said: "Developed and advanced nations of the world reached their industrial and technological potential by paying attention to time, even whilst on holidays they read and keep up to date.”
Sayyid Al-Kashmairi stressed upon the Centres’ officials that:
• They join together in the mutual teaching of truth, patience and constancy and to make their work purely for the sake of the Almighty.
• Working in the centres requires patience and forbearance, because those who visit them have varying moods and tastes. Therefore one must treat them with rationality, wisdom and humility.
• Work in centres is not a ceremonial position to boast to others about. Rather, it is a duty bestowed upon you by Allah so that you may succeed in serving the believers.
• One should not hold on to his position as though it is his property, but allow new abilities to thrive - as permitted by the centre’s Constitution.
Finally, Sayyid Kashmiri praised the efforts of Majlise Ulama Shia in Europe for holding this meeting, which he had called for at the Paris meeting earlier this month.
We ask Allah (swt) to grant you success in both worlds
He is All Hearing and is the Answerer of Prayers.